I just got back from the WORST cruise experience of a lifetime aboard MSC. They booked a half charter to a group called "Cruise To the Edge" that included entertainment by rock groups including heavy metal Zebra. The ship had over 400 children on board for spring break but they CANCELLED all regular evening theatre entertainment so the charter group could have exclusive use of the theatre.
The rock groups took up precious deck space, had private parties in the main lounges... we were forever wandering with nothing to do, only to find signs forbidding us entrance to this and that. 130 decibel music practically making your ears bleed even when they wouldnt let you in! No rest for the weary aboard that ship.Over-crowding in the accessible areas. They had one of 2 pools closed off for a time and hundreds of square feet taken up by stages and speakers. Just look at the disgusting overcrowding that resulted!
Very hairy old rockers gawked at the teenage girls and the pot smoking aboard was very evident. The cruise line allowed them to smoke cigarettes everywhere - there was no escaping it. For us with 4 children? It was the Cruise to the edge of ***. What kind of soulless suit at the corporate offices of MSC would cancel the entertainment and restrict access when the ship had 400 kids on board? Complaints abounded but no word on restitution from MSC so far. They ruined our vacation. They owe everyone that was not part of that charter a redo and I am not kidding - it was that bad.... although I don't know I would trust them to go out again; this cruiseline demonstrated they would betray their passengers.
Even our children wanted off the ship from the first day :( . We felt like the steerage passengers locked out of the lifeboats on the Titanic! They never breathed a word about this being a restricted/rock music cruise to us. Unconscionable!
Then to top off the experience, it took 5 hours to disembark - they call it "Sequester cuts". SOmebody tell the US Govt it takes just as many man hours for 2 customs agents to process 2500 passengers as 10!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Cruises and Ships
You May Also Like
- "The Journey Begins! My last cruise on Royal Caribbean was approximately 10 years ago. I had the pleasure of sailing on Serenade of the Seas in an Owners Suite...."
- "Cruise Dates: June 25-June 30, 2016 (5 nights) Ship Name: Empress of the Seas Reservation Number 2098975 We have embarked on June 25 and issues started from the moment we have received access..."
- "Prior to 01/27/2015 we had a cruise with Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) to the Greek Isles booked with a travel agent named Mitchell Bank and thought per his Invoice #..."
- "I ordered the "Deluxe Yellow Birthday Smiles" and found nothing "Deluxe" about it. I am in the UK and wanted to surprise my mother in the US on her birthday...."
- "Bought a sofa at El Dorado. It is peeling horribly. Customer Service was useless, even though it is obviously not normal wear. Warranty only covers 1 year. Store manager was..."
- "I have a pair of MW813HBK that have just disintegrated after 4 or 5 months of wear. The soles are separating from the part that is disintegrated. Even the heels..."
- "The reason for this message today is that I ordered my food through the drive thru jack in the box on sepulveda and border. We finished the small ice coffee..."
- "We ordered in July and did not get till 10-21-2016 Was supposed to be like the 2016's with some new additions. We picked up, no storage, white flooring,..."
- "buena pagina para comprar articulos a buenos precios. tienen de todo un poco, desde articulos para decoracion de uñas a .40 centavos de dolar hasta celulares xiaomi recien lanzados al mercado! la..."